Well here it is - the long anticipated Dump Truck Cake! Lochie has been talking about this cake ever since his 4th Birthday last year. Now I have to admit that I did actually try and talk him out of having the dump truck cake as I thought Mum and I had met our match on this one but he was persistent and said no to all other options so on the morning of his Birthday Party there we were constructing a Dump Truck cake. Mum and I were pretty proud of our efforts in the end but are very fearful of next years request!
Lochie as you can see loved the cake - he did originally want an orange cake but our orange colour icing was turning more apricot thank orange so we went for more yellow instead and he seemed happy with this.
We found multicoloured chocolate lollies that looked like rocks to put on the back. Oh, and of course the truck had mud flaps - because all trucks have mud flaps! Don't you remember that from the Blue Truck cake from last year. Now on to July - Zach wants a Frog cake - wish Mum and I luck...

No comments:
Post a Comment